It’s nice to let your kids play with your iPad, iPhone, or iPod, but a major issue that has recently surfaced is children spending their parents hard earned cash on apps and in-app features with their parents credit card that they did not approve. So if that’s your reason or you have another, here’s a workaround to create an Apple ID without affiliating any credit card to the account. You can do this on your Mac/PC or on right on your iOS device.
I’ll walk you through both ways.
If you’re on a Mac/PC
- Open iTunes
- Click on the iTunes Store button (top right).
- Search for and download any free app such as the Remote app.
- When prompted to Create New Apple ID or use existing Apple ID, click on the Create Apple ID button.
- It will bring you to the iTunes store, click “Continue.”
- Read and Agree to the terms of conditions.
- Fill in your information and click Next.
- You will then have the option to choose “None” as a payment method, choose it.
- Fill out a valid address.
- Click “Create Apple ID.”
- You’ll receive and e-mail to the email address that you provided. Open the em-mail, click “Verify Now.”
- That’s it, you can sign in and start using your Apple ID to download free content from the iTunes and App Store without a credit card.
How to create an iTunes account on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Launch the App Store app.
- Search and download any free app such as the Remote app.
- When prompted to Use existing Apple ID or Create New Apple ID, tap on Create New Apple ID.
- Choose your country. Pro tip: You could use this method to create a free iTunes account in any country, which can be useful if you want to download a free app that is available in only select App Stores.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Enter all information requested, tap Next.
- You should now see the “None” option as a payment method, tap on it to select it. Tap on the Next button.
- Enter a valid address, phone number and email address. Tap on the Next button.
- You will get a screen which informs you to verify your account. Tap on the Done button to continue.
- Apple will send you an e-mail to the email address that you provided. Open the email, click “Verify Now,” to activate your account.
- That’s it, you can sign in and start using your Apple ID with no credit card.
If you’ve problems creating the account, check out the video tutorial below:
You may need to sign out of your existing Apple ID in order to this process. You can do this on the iPhone, iPod touch or iPad by launching the Settings app and navigating to iTunes & App Stores. Tap on your Apple ID and tap sign out. If on a Mac/PC open iTunes and click on the Store menu and then click on signout.
Let me know how it goes in the comments below.