Electra Jailbreak toolkit is a semi-untethered jailbreak for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2 by coolstar, a well-known hacker and developer. coolstar has released the jailbreak primarily for developers so that they could test their jailbreak apps and themes.
It is a semi-untethered jailbreak that makes use of Ian Beer’s async_awake exploit that has been used by LiberiOS jailbreak as well. A semi-untethered jailbreak is similar to an untethered jailbreak, it gives the ability to reboot your iOS device on its own. On each boot, the iOS device startup sequence is unmodified and it boots into its original, non-jailbroken state. However, instead of needing to use a tool from a computer to re-jailbreak the iOS device again, like a tethered or semi-tethered cases, the user can re-jailbreak their device with the help of an app running on the iOS device.
It does not include Cydia, as Jay Freeman aka saurik has not updated it for iOS 11 yet. But Electra includes Substitute, a Cydia Substrate alternative, so you can install jailbreak apps and tweaks manually.
Electra Jailbreak Support and Compatibility
It supports the following iOS 11 versions:
- iOS 11, iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.3
- iOS 11.1, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1.2
It does not support the following iOS 11 versions:
- iOS 11.2, iOS 11.2.1
It supports all iOS 11 compatible iOS devices:
- iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 2nd generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 1st generation 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad
5th generation, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6G
- Jailbreak iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2 Using Electra Jailbreak Toolkit in 5 Easy Steps
- iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2 Compatible Jailbreak Tweaks And Apps
- How to Install Jailbreak Tweaks on iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2
Find our latest coverage below.