In this article, we show you how to save SHSH blobs using iFaith developed by iH8sn0w. While TinyUmbrella has been a more popular tool, iFaith allows you to save SHSH blobs right from the device.
Currently it is not possible to save SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1.3 or lower using TinyUmbrella. However, if you have an iPhone 4 which has iOS 6.1.3 running on it then it is possible to save SHSH blobs using iFaith. So if you want to restore or downgrade your iPhone 3 back to iOS 6.1.3, it is possible to do so using the iOS 6.1.3 SHSH blobs.
Please note that iFaith is only available for Windows.
iFaith works with the Apple TV 2, iPad 1, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 2G, iPod Touch 3, and iPod Touch 4G running iOS 3.1 – iOS 6.1.3.
To save SHSH blobs:
- Download iFaith from this link and unzip the file.
- Make sure your iOS device is plugged in to your computer.
- Right click iFaith exe file and Run it as an administrator. Then Click “Ok.”
- Click “Dump SHSH Blobs”
- Click on the “Proceed” button, then click “Let’s Go!”
- Faith will ask “Are you dumping an Apple TV 2.” Tap no it is not the case.
- Follow on screen instructions and turn off device and put into DFU Mode.
- iFaith will inform you about the various stages such as Exploitation, Upload iBSS, Upload iBEC, Dump and Saving.
- At this point, you’ll be prompted to choose a location to save your SHSH blobs. Select a location and click on the “Save” button.
- iFaith will finish the process and save the blobs where you specified.
You can also check the video of the entire process below:
That’s it, you now have SHSH blobs.