At first, the 10th iteration of iOS might seem like an upgrade made purely of small changes. Yes, there’s a lot of little things sprinkled across the new OS. Things like emoji replacement in Messages, to auto generating videos in Photos. Things that are nice to have but revolutionary? Don’t think so.
But iOS 10 is a release that’s taking some calculated steps, charting the future of the mobile operating system. Apps that run inside iMessage, extensions for Siri and Maps, plus widget support for Lock screen all point towards an OS that’s more open and connected.
When you pick up the iPhone, the screen wakes up, the keyboard provides suggestions using Siri’s AI brain, the Photos app lets you search inside all your photos. All the new stuff in iOS 10 is geared to help you do things easier, faster.
3D Touch is enabled at a lot more places, widgets are media rich and they come in two forms, Siri can help you get an Uber, Voicemail is automatically transcribed, you can control your smart home from the Control Center, you can use apps and stickers in iMessage, Maps reminds you where you parked your car, Notes can be shared, Health app lets you log your vitals manually, Notifications everywhere are interactive, and we haven’t even begun scratching the surface yet.
There’s so much to explore in iOS 10 – iOS 10.3.2. Which is why we’ve got hands-on and guides for every new feature, right below.
Must Read Articles
- Top 44 iOS 10 Features for iPhone
- Top 10 iOS 10 Features for iPad
- iOS 10 Hand-on: What’s New in Messages
- iOS 10 Hands-on: What’s New in Photos
- iOS 10 Hands-on: What’s New In The Lock Screen
- iOS 10 Hands-on: What’s New in Home Screen and Notification Center
- iOS 10 Hands-on: What’s New in the Redesigned Control Center
- iOS 10 Hands-on: All The New Ways To 3D Touch
Apple has released three major and several minor software updates for iOS 10. Check out all the new features in iOS 10.1, iOS 10.2 and iOS 10.3:
- iOS 10.1 Features and Updates: What’s New
- iOS 10.2 Features and Updates: What’s New
- iOS 10.3 Features and Updates: What’s New
Download the latest version of iOS 10 here:
- Download iOS firmware file for iPhone
- Download iOS firmware file for iPad
- Download iOS firmware file for iPod touch
Find our latest iOS 10 – iOS 10.3.1 coverage below.Like this post? Share it!