Everything you need to know about Apple’s new 5.5-inch iPhone 6
Apple unveiled the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus at a special event on September 9th.
iPhone 6 comes with a 4.7-inch Retina HD Display with 1334 x 750 resolution and pixel density of 326 pixels-per-inch (ppi). iPhone 6 also sports an all-new ultra thin design with rounded edges. It is powered by Apple’s new A8 chip which is 25% faster and 50% more power efficient than the A7 chip used in the iPhone 5s, and also includes the next generation M8 motion coprocessor.
iPhone 6’s iSight camera has a new sensor with Focus Pixels and new video features like 1080p HD at 60fps, slo-mo at 240 fps, and time lapse mode introduced in iOS 8.
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus go on sale in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the UK next Friday, September 19, and customers will be able to pre-order both the models beginning on Friday, September 12.
- Apple unveils iPhone 6 with 4.7-inch Retina HD display, all-new design, faster A8 chip, NFC and more
- Everything you need to know about the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus
- Official iPhone 6 tech specs
- iPhone 6 in Pictures
- iPhone 6 Camera Features: Focus Pixels, Optical Image Stabilization, 1080p HD video at 60 FPS and more
- iPhone 6 goes up for pre-order September 12, on sale September 19
- iPhone 6 starts at $199, iPhone 6 Plus at $299 on two-year contracts
Find our latest iPhone 6 coverage below.