iPhone 6 Plus: Everything you need to know about Apple’s new 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus
Apple unveiled the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 dubbed iPhone 6 Plus at a special event on September 9th.
iPhone 6 Plus comes with a 5.5-inch Retina HD Display with 1920 x 1080 resolution and pixel density of 401 pixels-per-inch (ppi). iPhone 6 Plus also sports an all-new ultra thin design with rounded edges. It is powered by Apple’s new A8 chip which is 25% faster and 50% more power efficient than the A7 chip used in the iPhone 5s, and also includes the next generation M8 motion coprocessor.
iPhone 6 Plus’ iSight camera has a new sensor with Focus Pixels and new video features like 1080p HD at 60fps, slo-mo at 240 fps, and time lapse mode introduced in iOS 8. The Optical Image Stabalization feature is available exclusively on the iPhone 6 Plus, which works with the A8 chip, gyroscope, and the M8 motion coprocessor to deliver improved low-light photos.
iPhone 6 Plus goes on sale in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the UK next Friday, September 19, and customers will be able to pre-order both the models beginning on Friday, September 12.
- Apple unveils iPhone 6 Plus with 5.5-inch Retina HD display, all-new design, faster A8 chip, OIS, NFC and more
- Everything you need to know about the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus
- Official iPhone 6 tech specs
- iPhone 6 in Pictures
- iPhone 6 Camera Features: Focus Pixels, Optical Image Stabilization, 1080p HD video at 60 FPS and more
- iPhone 6 goes up for pre-order September 12, on sale September 19
- iPhone 6 starts at $199, iPhone 6 Plus at $299 on two-year contracts
Find our latest coverage of the iPhone 6 Plus below.