It has been quite an amazing journey since the launch of the iPhone thanks to the iPhone hacking community who have developed some awesome iPhone applications like PocketGuitar and iAno developed for the iPhone. The exciting thing is that iPhone developers seem to coming up new ideas for great new native iPhone applications.
For example the latest iPhone Application, Touchpad App for the iPhone developed by Jahanzeb Sherwani will definitely blow you away. The Touchpad app turns your iPhone into a wireless, remote trackpad, which gives you direct access to your computer as if you were using a mouse or touch device for input.
The latest native iPhone application Touchpad app is based entirely on VNsea. It turns your iPhone into a wireless, remote trackpad, which gives you direct access to your computer as if you were using a mouse or touch device for input.
You can do just about anything on your iPhone as a wireless touchpad as you could with the touchpad on your computer. You can move the mouse around, click, double-click, and even drag (double click but keep it pressed and then move around). Vertical scrolling is even possible, by click-and-dragging on the right edge of the iPhone screen.
You can thus use it to control videos, show pictures, advance slides in a presentation. You have to checkout the video demonstration of Touchpad in action below (I am sure you will find it quite impressive):
To install the native iPhone Application you will need to jailbreak your iPhone or iPod Touch. Here are instructions on how to to install Touchpad app:
- First you need to jailbreak your iPhone to allow third-party applications to be installed. You can check out the Simpler method to JailBreak iPhone firmware 1.1.3 for more details as it also installs the very cool installer App which will make installing Touchpad app on your iPhone a lot easier.
- Add the repository required to install Touchpad to your Installer.
- Click on the Installer Icon.
- Click on the "Sources" icon at the bottom.
- Click "Edit".
- Click "Add".
- Enter: "http://cnp.qlnk.net/".
- Click "OK".
- Install Touchpad from the Utilities category.
- Install VNC on the machine you want to control.
In case you need more details or have any questions follow this link to the iPhone developers website.
If you liked this iPhone Application then you should also check out PocketGuitar which turns your iPhone or iPod Touch into a touchscreen guitar and iAno which turns your iPhone into a touchscreen Piano.
Please don’t forget to share your feedback on the iPhone Application in the comments for the benefit of other iPhone Hacks readers.
Thanks Jahanzeb for Touchpad App.
Top iPhone Categories:
- iPhone Applications
- Unlock iPhone
- JailBreak iPhone
- iPhone Tips & Tricks
- iPhone Games
- iPhone News