The pre-release version of iPhone firmware 2.0 had confirmed that 3G iPhone was coming soon. We now have Gizmodo reporting that "sources close to the 3G launch" have confirmed that the iPhone 3G will be announced at the WWDC 2008 Keynote on June 9th.
They go on to provide some more interesting details.
So here are the details from Gizmodo:
- As expected Apple will announce their new model at the WWDC Keynote on June 9th.
- The new model will indeed be the 3G iPhone.
- The same source has also told them that the second-generation iPhone will be available worldwide right after the launch and not towards the end of the year as speculated earlier.
- The 3G iPhone will be launched in Europe around the same time as the 9th June US announcement. For example: The iPhone 3G will be available in Spain from June 18th, the day when Telefonica is planning a grand opening of its megastore.
- The 3G iPhone will no longer be available at a fixed price point, and its launch will also bring new sales policies, although there are no more details available.
Since we already have confirmed news that Steve Jobs will be giving the keynote address on 9th June to kick off WWDC’ 08; we know who will be giving us the good news of the 3G iPhone (again as expected).
It will be interesting to know in the comments if you plan to buy the 3G iPhone.
Top iPhone Hacks Categories: