When it comes to cool factor, OrbLive has to be one of the coolest native application for the iPhone.
Orb Networks has just released a native Orb client making it possible for you to watch live TV, Internet TV, and webcams on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
We no longer need to wait for a native client of Sling Media for the iPhone.
Orb provides users the ability to access photos, music, videos, live television, and other digital content on their home PC at anytime and from their mobile device anywhere.
We no longer need to wait for a native client of Sling Media for the iPhone as Orb Networks have just released a native iPhone application for the iPhone called OrbLive making it possible for iPhone users to watch live TV on your iPhone or iPod Touch from anywhere.
You can checkout the impressive You Tube video of OrbLive in action below:
If you want to check it out, here are the instructions you need to follow:
- Install the free Orb streaming application on your PC.
- Create your login and password for MyCast.
- To watch live TV or a webcam you will need a TV turner card or webcam attached to your PC.
- Leave your PC on and connected to the Internet so it can stream stuff to your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- On your jailbroken iPhone, install the native iPhone application OrbLive via the Installer App under the Multimedia category. (If you don’t have the Installer app installed on your iPhone then check out jailbreaking iPhone software such as: ZiPhone 3.0 or iLiberty which will install the Installer app as part of the Jailbreaking process.)
- Once installed, just launch OrbLive from your iPhone’s home screen.
- Enter the login and password you created when you installed Orb on your PC to enjoy the live TV, Internet TV, and webcams on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Apparently the Orb streaming application on your PC transcodes the video stream quite nicely for even iPhone’s Edge networks. You also might want to checkout the privacy options and set them appropriately.
Orb streaming application is currently only available for Windows user.
I haven’t tried this one out yet as i don’t have a TV Tuner card, but plan to check it out pretty soon.
Thanks Judson for the news tip and Ron from Orb Networks for informing us about OrbLive for the iPhone (you have a winner).
Folks, drop us a line – we’d love to know what you think about OrbLive.[via VoIP Monitor]