If you are a Windows users and haven’t tried the methods to pwn the first generation iPhone running iPhone firmware 2.0 or jailbreak iPhone 3G or facing an
issue with it or are simply looking for
an easy to use tool like iPhone Dev Team’s Pwnage Tool as they are not for
the faint hearted then the good news is WinPwn, the Windows version of
the Pwnage Tool 2.0 is now available.
The iPhone Dev Team released their Pwnage Tool 2.0 to jailbreak, unlock and activate iPhone only for Mac users late last week.
The windows version of the Pwnage Tool i.e. WinPwn was still not available at that time. So some clever folks over at iUnlocked.org figured out a way to pwn the first generation iPhone running iPhone firmware 2.0 using Windows.
However, it was not for the faint hearted, so if you are looking for an easy to use tool to jailbreak, unlock and activate your first generation iPhone or jailbreak iPhone 3G running iPhone firmware 2.0 then Windows users can now checkout WinPwn, the Windows versions of the Pwnage Tool 2.0.
Here are some of the features of WinPwn 2.0:
- Support for both iPhone firmware 1.1.4 and 2.0.
- Custom Image Support.
- Custom Payload Support.
- 3G iPhone Support.
They have also provided some instructions on how to use it:
- First create a custom IPSW using the IPSW Builder.
- Click "Ipwner" and browse for the custom IPSW that you just created. This will pwn itunes and allow you to flash Custom IPSW files via DFU mode.
- Once you have pwned iTunes, put your phone into DFU mode. You can follow these steps to achieve this:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Turn iPhone off.
- Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
- Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
- At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.
- Once you are in DFU mode ITunes will pop up and then you can hold shift and click restore and browse to your custom IPSW file.
Before you use WinPwn 2.0, do make sure that:
- Please ensure WinPwn 1.0 has been completely removed if you have installed it earlier as installing on top of WinPwn 1.0 seems to be causing problems.
- You also need to make sure that you have iTunes 7.7 to work for it to work.
As always do remember, hacking your iPhone is at your own risk and don’t forget its always a good idea to backup your iPhone.
Thanks JohnT for the news tip!
Based on the comments below, it appears that the tool is not very stable, so I would recommend that you wait for some positive feedback before using it. However, if you are brave enough to give this tool a shot, you could follow this guide.
WinPwn 18.104.22.168 has just been released. It fixes the following issues:
- Cydia/XP/Writing root FS bug.
- Failed to remove ipsw directory after a ipswBuild failure.
- iPwner now only accepts custom ipsws.
- Remove 345 ipsw support. WinPwn only supports 347 2.0 ipsw’s.
- Various other fixes.
You should download WinPwn Tool from WinPwn’s blog to ensure you download the latest version.
Thanks Guisselle for letting us know.
Don’t forget to tell us how it goes for you in the comments.
Top iPhone Hacks Categories: