If you are a Windows users and haven’t tried the methods to pwn the first generation iPhone or jailbreak iPhone 3G running iPhone firmware 2.0.1 or facing an
issue with it or are simply looking for
an easy to use tool like iPhone Dev Team’s Pwnage Tool as it was not for
the faint hearted then the good news is WinPwn v126.96.36.199, the Windows version of
the Pwnage Tool 2.0.2 is out a lot faster as compared to last time.
Here are some of the features of WinPwn 188.8.131.52:
- Support for both iPhone firmware 1.1.4, 2.0 and 2.0.1.
- Root partition resize support
- Support for WinXP and Vista 32/64bit.
- Installer support.
Before you use WinPwn 184.108.40.206, do make sure that:
- You backup your iPhone
- Ensure older versions of WinPwn has been completely removed if you
have installed earlier as installing on top of WinPwn 1.0 seems to
be causing problems.
- You also need to make sure that you have iTunes 7.7 to work for it to work.
We are assuming the instructions last time would also work for this version:
- First create a custom IPSW using the IPSW Builder.
- Click "Ipwner" and browse for the custom IPSW that you just
created. This will pwn itunes and allow you to flash Custom IPSW files
via DFU mode.
- Once you have pwned iTunes, put your phone into DFU mode. You can follow these steps to achieve this:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Turn iPhone off.
- Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
- Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
- At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.
- Once you are in DFU mode ITunes will pop up and then you can hold shift and click restore and browse to your custom IPSW file.
You can download WinPwn Tool 220.127.116.11 from this link [file size 23.8 MB].
We would advice caution until you hear positive feedback on the tool.
Thanks Blaine for the tip!
You can check out this download link if the one above is busy.
Update (Aug 10th, 2008):
"3 of the biggest repositories for jailbroken iPhones and iPod
Touches have released their sources. The RiP Dev source is already in
Installer so you don’t have to add it. . .but you can go ahead and add
the Big Boss and iSpazio sources."
- RiP Dev – http://i.ripdev.com
- Big Boss – http://apptapp.thebigboss.org/repofiles/installer4/
- iSpazio – http://repo.neolinus.org/ispazio/
Update (Aug 29, 2008):WinPwn blog
Top iPhone Hacks Categories: