Jason Calacanis, the CEO of Mahalo and former CEO of Weblogs Inc. has posted on his Twitter account that he was one of the beta testers for the Apple Tablet and had been in posession of the device for the past ten days. A few hours back, when Jason's NDA with Apple expired, he tweeted to let his followers know what the Tablet was like.
While no pictures of the Tablet were offered, a lot of interesting insights were shared. Here are some of the key points that Jason shared with his followers
- Two Cameras : One front facing camera and one on the back side
- OLED screen
- Built-in HDTV tuner and PVR
- Solar cells on the backside casing
- Connects with wireless keyboard and monitor connection for TV
- Thumbpads for mouse gestures
- Battery life : Just 2-3 hours while playing games or on Wi-fi
- Runs on iPhone OS
- Support for video conferencing
- Ability to run multiple applications
- Up to 5 profiles for fingerprint security
Jason Calacanis claims that the device shall be available on both AT&T and Verizon and shall be priced at $599, $699 and $799 depending on size and memory.
These are some nifty revelations that we have got to learn about the Tablet in the eleventh hour. However, nothing is absolutely confirmed till Apple unveils the actual device at 10 AM PST. We will update you on the features as and when it happens.