Apple has just released Apple TV software update 4.2.2 (iOS 4.3 – build 8F305) for Apple TV 2G to fix some minor bugs and also add an audio output setting for switching to 16-bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
Apple TV 4.2.2 includes the following changes and improvements:
– Audio: Addresses an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
– Video playback: Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
– Audio output setting: Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16-bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
– Live FF/RW improvements: Improves the performance of fast-forwarding and rewinding live events.
– Movie description: Addresses an issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.
– YouTube video order: Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos were not ordered by date.
Apple TV 2G Software update 4.2 released few weeks back brought the following new features and improvements to Apple TV 2G:
MLB.TV: Watch live and on-demand Major League Baseball games, access stats, scores and standings.
NBA: See scores and more, plus League Pass Broadband subscribers get live and archived games.
AirPlay for apps: Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video from apps and Safari on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Netflix Dolby Digital 5.1: Enjoy Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound when watching Netflix movies and TV shows
New slideshow themes: View photos with the new Scrapbook, Photo Mobile, and Holiday Mobile slideshow themes.
Improved on-screen keyboard: Search and enter names and passwords more easily with the redesigned on-screen keyboard.
Apple just pushed out a lone AppleTV2G update…stay away from that if you’re currently untethered on ATV2G
If you don’t care about jailbreaking then you can install the latest Apple TV Software update by choosing Software Update on your Apple TV.
Please let us know how it goes in the comments section below.