MobileNotifier aims to revamp Apple’s iOS Push notification system, which has been maligned for being intrusive and modal.
MobileNotifier beta 4 includes the following new features and improvements:
– Brand new alert style that lives in the doubleheight statusbar. Takes unobtrusive notifications to the next level!
– Totally redone lockscreen view. Tap the bar to see a preview of your pending notifications!
– Intelligent alert dismiss – alerts from the same sender are dismissed if you take action on one of them. Way easier to deal with!
– Significant performance and bug fixes. Way faster, way less memory and battery footprint, way friendlier to your device!
– And more! Lots of fun surprises in this release that users will enjoy!
MobileNotifier is inspired by Android’s notification system so unlike iOS’s push notification system, MobileNotifier prevents notifications from interrupting you and allows you to access your notifications from a drop-down drawer. You can also access the notifications from your iOS device’s lock screen.
You can checkout the demo video to see how MobileNotifier works:
You can also checkout the interview of Peter Hajas where he explains the new features and improvements MobileNotifier in beta 4 (you can skip to 07:05 to checkout the demo of beta 4):
You can install MobileNotifier for free from Cydia by following these steps:
Launch Cydia from your jailbroken iOS device homescreen.
Tap on the Manage Tab and then tap on Sources.
Tap on the Edit button and then tap the Add button to add the following repo URL: http://phajas.xen.prgmr.com/repo
After it is successfully added, tap on the Search tab and search for MobileNotifier.
Tap on MobileNotifier from the search results
Then tap on the Install button and then Confirm to install it on your iOS device
You will be prompted to Restart SpringBoard, tap on the button to proceed.
That’s it, you should now be able to use the revamped notification system courtesy MobileNotifier. Please note that it is still in beta so expect some issues and you can use MobileNotifier GitHub issue tracker to report them.
As always, please don’t forget to let us know if you like it.
[via Peter Hajas]