Adobe has just released a new app called CreatePDF for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
As the name suggests, allows users to convert documents, photos etc. into PDF files right on their iOS device. Adobe claims that they’re using the same technology used in Adobe Acrobat.
Adobe achieves this by uploading the documents to their servers, which is where the documents are converted into PDF files, thus making the conversion process independent of the iOS device. Adobe has also clarified that they do not keep a copy of the original or the PDF document on their servers.
Here’s a quick look at the features of CreatePDF for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch:
- High Quality PDF Creation
- Creates PDF files that look exactly like the original using the same technology as Adobe Acrobat.
- Consistent, high-fidelity PDF conversion independent of device or software. Uses Adobe’s online services to ensure there is no compromise on quality or performance. The service does not keep a copy of your original or the PDF document.
- Creates PDF files that meet accessibility standards.
- Preserves links, end notes, foot notes and creates bookmarks automatically in PDF files converted from Office documents
- Preserves Transitions and converts Multi-media Content for Power Point files.
- Intuitive Interface for PDF Conversion
- Convert email attachments or files stored in the cloud or any application by opening them within the Adobe CreatePDF application.
- Hand over converted PDF files to other applications, including sending as email attachments with one touch
- Supported File Formats include:
- MS Word (docx, doc), Excel(xlsx, xls), PowerPoint (pptx, ppt)
- Adobe Illustrator (ai), Photoshop (psd) and InDesign (indd)
- Images – JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIFF
- RTF, Text and WordPerfect
- OpenOffice and StarOffice documents
You can checkout some of the screenshots below:
CreatePDF is available in the App Store for $9.99 (iTunes link).
As always, let us know what you think about the app in the comments.