Flipboard – a popular iPad app that creates a personalized social magazine for its users by aggregating links shared by their friends and followers on social networks like Facebook and Twitter has been updated to add support for iPhone.
The iPhone app includes a new feature called Cover Stories, which is a selection of interesting articles and photos being shared with you right now.
Flipboard v1.7 includes the following new features and improvements:
- New iPhone edition puts the power of Flipboard in your pocket.
- Cover Stories for iPhone, a selection of interesting articles and photos being shared with you right now. And it gets smarter every time you use it. (Coming soon to iPad.)
- Speed. Flip through pages as you would through a printed magazine, all with the flick of a thumb.
- Flipboard Accounts:
- Sign into your Flipboard from either iPhone or iPad and get instant access to all your favorite content.
- Check out All Timelines. Flip through a single feed containing all articles and all photos being shared across all your social networks.
In a blog post, Flipboard provides some more details about the Cover Stories feature:
With Flipboard for iPhone we’re introducing Cover Stories — one place to quickly catch up on some of the most interesting news, updates and photos being shared with you right now. The more you interact with your friends and the stories being shared, the smarter Cover Stories gets. You can refine what appears here by adding content to your Flipboard, muting anyone you’d rather not hear from, and connecting to your social networks. Cover Stories will be coming to your iPad in the near future.
Here are some of the screenshots of Flipboard for iPhone app (click on the image below to see the slideshow):
Checkout the demo video of Flipboard for iPhone below:
As you can see, Flipboard for iPhone like the iPad app is one of the most well designed apps for the iPhone. We would strongly recommend you to check it out. It is available for free and you can download it using this App Store link.
[via Flipboard’s blog]