ih8sn0w – developer of popular jailbreaking tool Sn0wbreeze had released an updated version of his iFaith tool that allows users to take a dump of SHSH blobs of the iOS running on their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV 2G.
The new version of iFaith v1.4.1 includes the following features and improvements according to the change log:
- Added Apple TV 4.4.4 (9A406a) support.
- TinyUmbrella iOS 4.4.x/5.x.x blobs are now accepted.
- Resolved rare DFU detection issues.
- Resolved issues with 8GB iPhone 4 Models.
- Resolved iPhone 3GS issues with factory certificates/Error 21 that occurred during restore.
- Resolved iOS Detection issues.
- Removed kill-switch that accidentally got distributed in iFaith-v1.4’s public release.
iFaith v1.4.1 does not support iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. ih8sn0w has mentioned that it won’t be possible to support A5 powered iOS devices like iPad 2 and iPhone 4S until a DFU bootrom is publicly available.
Since you don’t need to jailbreak your iOS device to use iFaith, we would strongly recommend you to dump SHSH blobs of your iOS device as soon as possible.
You can download iFaith v1.4.1 from here. It is current available only for Windows users.