Back in December, iOS hackers and developer Grant Paul a.k.a chpwn along with Ryan Petrich had released a jailbreak tweak called Spire, that legally brought Siri to non-iPhone 4S devices, which worked with a proxy server.
A new jailbreak tweak called AssistantConnect has just been released in Cydia by iOS hacker and developer – Bilal Ahmad that aims to make it a lot easier to get Siri working on non-iPhone 4S devices without the need of a proxy server.
AssistantConnect makes it very easy to extract all the data required for Siri from an iPhone 4S and install it on a non-iPhone 4S device that is required to get Siri working on it.
Here’s how it works:
1. Install AssistantConnect4S on a jailbroken iPhone 4S.
2. Now launch AssistantConnect4S and reboot your iPhone 4S.
3. After your iPhone 4S reboots, launch Siri and use it.
4. Once Siri responds, launch AssistantConnect4S and tap on the Email Siri Data button. Here you need to enter the email address of the user who wants to use Siri on his/her non-iPhone 4S device.
5. On the non-iPhone 4S device, ensure that Spire is installed and Siri is enabled.
6. Install AssistantConnect on the non-iPhone 4S device.
7. Now launch the Mail app and open the email sent from the iPhone 4S using the Email Siri Data option and open the attachment. Open the file in “AssistantConnect”. You should get a prompt which says that the “File Copied – AssistantConnect File loaded successfully”.
8. Now reboot your non-iPhone 4S device.
That’s it, Siri should now work on your non-iPhone 4S device even without a proxy server. The only downside of this tweak is that you need your friend to send the required Siri data files every 24 hour as it is only valid for 24 hours. It seems like a nice tweak if you have an iPhone 4S and want to use Siri on your other non-iPhone 4S devices.
As always, let us know how it goes in the comments.