M.I.C Gadget has managed to get their hands on several of these purported iPad 3 parts and have put them together in a the video embedded below.
The video reiterates some of the things we’ve already heard about Apple’s new iPad:
- iPad 3 will look like iPad 2.
- It comes with a more tapered rear casing.
- It will slightly thicker than iPad 2 (0.8mm thicker).
- The rear shell as a larger hole for the camera lens indicating that iPad 3 come get an improved rear camera.
- iPad 2 Smart Cover should work just fine with iPad 3.
- Some of the third-party iPad 3 cases also seem to fit quite well.
At the end of the hands-on video, M.I.C Gadget also claims that iPad 3 will come to Siri – Apple’s personal assistant feature that is currently available only on iPhone 4S, maybe a quad-core processor and better battery life.
Apple will be unveiling the highly anticipated iPad 3 at a media event on Wednesday, March 7th, so we won’t have to wait too long to find out how much of this turns out to be accurate.
[via M.I.C Gadget]