Spotify’s much awaited iPad app has finally hit the App Store.
Spotify – the music streaming service has designed the app for the iPad to take advantage of its larger screen rather than simply porting the UI elements from the iPhone app.
It includes support for the new iPad’s Retina Display and also comes with support for AirPlay, which means you can wirelessly stream music to Apple TV and AirPlay-ready speakers.
Here’s the list of features:
- Retina graphics for iPad – dazzling display, razor sharp images, richer colors
- Even easier to browse and explore Spotify’s entire 18 million* song catalogue
- New ‘Now Playing’ full-screen view with high-definition cover art
- Search for playlists, users and music – all from the same view
- Check out what’s hot and find trending playlists & songs amongst your friends
- Inbox grouped by user for easy searching
- Gapless playback and crossfade
- AirPlay integration
You need a premium subscription to use Spotify’s iPad app. If you’re not a Premium subscriber yet and want to check it out then you can sign up for a 30-day free trial here.
Check out the demo video of Spotify’s iPad app below:
You can download Spotify’s universal app, which is compatible with iPad and iPhone using this App Store link.
[via Spotify’s blog]