The free iOS 6 Theme as the name suggests brings some of the iOS 6 user interface elements and icons to iOS 5.
The WinterBoard theme brings the following iOS 6 UI elements:
- Phone Dialer gets the sleek white theme with black bar at the bottom and blu% bar at the top
- The black theme for the “Now Playing” section in the Music app
- Changes the color of the status bar to match the app
- The theme also installs a fake app icon for the Passbook app
- iOS 6 Wallpapers
You can give your jailbroken iPhone the iOS 6 makeover by following these simple instructions:
- Launch Cydia
- Tap on the Search tab, then Search for iOS 6 theme
- Select iOS 6 theme from the search results
- Then tap on the Install button, followed by the Confirm button
- After the theme is successfully installed, launch the Settings app and navigate to WinterBoard -> Select Themes
- Tap to Select [iOS 6] Theme, [iOS 6] StatusBar, [iOS 6] Dark NavigationBar and then press the Home button, which will automatically respring the SpringBaord.
The nice thing is if you don’t like the color changes in the status bar, you can always deselect it from the WinterBoard settings.
That’s it, you can now enjoy the look and feel of some iOS 6 UI elements on your iPhone running iOS 5.
Let us know how it goes in the comments.
Hat tip to Redmond Pie!