So to recap, here’s what we know about the budget iPhone and some of our own speculations:
- The rear casing will be made of plastic, instead of the aluminum casing of the iPhone 5 to keep the costs down.
- It will have a 4-inch display like the iPhone 5.
- It will be available in multiple colors. We’ve already seen plastic rear casing in white, yellow, blue, red and green. The black color is apparently reserved for the premium iPhone like the iPhone 5S.
- It will probably be powered by the A5 chip (that powers the iPhone 4S) with 512MB RAM.
- It may be available in early September, few weeks before the iPhone 5S.
- We expect Apple to use the 8-megapixel rear-facing camera and FaceTime camera used in the iPhone 4S.
- The volume buttons are pill-shaped rather than the circular volume buttons used in the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5.
- There has been some chatter that it will come with new novel features, but we don’t have any further details.
- The factory unlocked version of the device could be priced in the $250 – $350. The pricing will depend a lot on whether Apple will continue to offer iPhone 4S or not.
- It will support 4G LTE networks.
Let us know what you think of the budget iPhone in the comments below.