Over the weekend, Apple had pulled the Apple TV 6.0 Software Update after reports of bricking issue.
9to5Mac now reports that has released a tweaked version of the software update, which probably includes a fix for the bug that caused the bricking issues.
The build number of the new Apple TV 6.0 Software Update is 11A502, compared to 11A470e of the older version. While many users were able to successfully upgrade their Apple TVs, there were quite a few reports of Apple TVs being bricked due to the update. Some of our readers had also confirmed that the update had bricked their Apple TV.
Apple hasn’t issued a statement on the issue so far. The iOS 7 update for Apple TV, which is officially named as “Apple TV 6.0″ includes the follow features:
- Support for iTunes Radio, Apple’s new free, ad-supported music streaming service.
- A new Conference Room Display mode, which makes it easier to connect an iOS device with the Apple TV via AirPlay.
- AirPlay from iCloud: Where you can use your iOS device to play videos on the Apple TV from iTunes in the cloud, much like Google’s Chromecast.
- iCloud photos and videos: You can view photos and videos from your shared photo streams
- Podcasts: Sync podcasts and podcast stations across your iOS devices and Apple TV
You can update your Apple TV via the Settings menu (General -> Update Software). If you did have issues, however, you can connect your Apple TV to iTunes using a micro-USB cable and do a clean install by following the instructions given here.
Here are the direct download links:
Let us know how the upgrade goes, and your thoughts about the new features.[via 9to5Mac]