The new Jawbone UP24 is now available in onyx and persimmon color options. It now includes Bluetooth 4.0 BLE sensor to send real-time data to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. It also has a tri-axis accelerometer that should improve the sensitivity of the motion tracking. Because of the new sensors, battery life is slightly reduced, dropping from 10 days with the original UP to 7 days with the UP24.
Besides new hardware, Jawbone also introduced version 3.0 of its UP app for iOS. This latest version allows you sync data in real-time with the UP24. It also adds new features like “Today I will insights” and support for streaks and milestones. It works with both the UP and the UP24, though the real-time sync requires the newer UP24 band. The full changes in the Up by Jawbone app are described below:
- New Real-Time Experience for UP24
- UP24, the new wireless UP wristband, is always connected through Bluetooth Smart and version 3.0 of the UP app adds a completely new real-time experience. Receive notifications and nudges based on your unique data and progress throughout the day, providing feedback in the moment so that you can stay motivated and live better.
- Today I Will Insights – Turn actions into accomplishments
- UP analyzes your data and uses Insights to suggests unique goals that fit your lifestyle. The decision is yours. If you choose to accept them, UP can help encourage you along the way.
- Streaks & Milestones – Turn encouragement into motivation
- UP celebrates your unique streaks and milestones such as hitting your sleep goal seven days in a row or taking your millionth step. It is easy to keep going when you see how far you’ve come.
- Recent Activity Log – See a snapshot of your recent activities
- Pull down from the home screen to see a snapshot of your past 2 days of activity from activity to sleep.
- Sleep Recovery – Never miss a night of sleep
- Forgot to put your band in sleep mode last night? Based on your unique patterns and movement, UP will inquire whether you were asleep during a specified window, giving you the option to capture the data so that you capture all of your sleep data.
The new UP24 is available today from Jawbone’s website for $149. It’ll land in retail stores starting November 19th.