Apple has just seeded iOS 7.1 beta 2 to developers of its iOS developer program.
Here’s what’s new in iOS 7.1 beta 2:
- Touch ID & Passcode settings are now available in the root level of the Settings app, rather than being buried inside General:
- There’s a new toggle to switch to list view in Calendar app. You don’t need to tap on the search icon to see the list view, which wasn’t very intuitive:
- For text-only buttons, you can now turn on button shapes to better understand where you can tap. This behaviour can be enabled from the Accessibility settings:
- Apple addressed a very common complaint with iOS 7 by speeding up the animations in this beta.
- Control Center now has a bounce animation when you pull it up.
- Apple says iOS 7.1 beta 2 should not take a long time to load a large iTunes Match library.
- Websites can now minimise Safari’s top and bottom bars when a webpage is being loaded.
- iOS 7.1 beta 2 includes a new toggle for iOS in the Car feature called Car Display, which suggests that Apple may be planning to launch the feature with the release of iOS 7.1 early next year. The toggle has been discovered in the Restrictions page of the Settings apps, which suggests users will be able to enable or disable the feature.
- The lockscreen wallpaper zooms when you wake up or put your iPhone to sleep. (Thanks Apple Mania!)
We’ll keep on updating this post as we find more changes. If you find anything new that hasn’t been mentioned here then please send us an email to [email protected] or post them in the comments below.[via 9to5Mac]