If you want to delete a bunch of photos from your iPhone or iPad to free up space, the Photos app has a really useful option to delete images in bulk.
iOS 7 added a new viewing mode in the Photos app that groups photos by date and location, which iOS calls “Moments”. It also lets you delete an entire group at once, saving you the time required to individually select each photo in a group.
Here’s how you do it:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad
- Choose the Photos tab if not already selected
- Navigate to the Moments screen in this Photos tab. Scroll to the group of photos you want to delete, and tap on the Select button at the top-right.
- You’ll notice that now there’s a select button next to each group as well.
- Tap select on the groups you want to delete
- Once you’ve selected all groups you want to delete, tap on the Trash icon at the bottom right, and tap delete on the confirmation alert as well.
You can use this trick to delete all photos from your iPhone as well, by selecting all groups in the Moments screen. This will be much faster than individually selecting each photo on your iPhone, but if you have access to a PC or Mac, you can do this even quickly using Image Capture or Windows Explorer.
If you’re running low on space, here are some more ways to free up space on your iOS device.[via OS X Daily]