French Apple website IGen.fr has published photos, which reveals a lot of interesting information about the iPhone 6 such as the internal code names, the dimensions, and other details such as the protruding camera. The photos appear to be from Apple’s largest manufacturing partner Foxconn’s factory.
Here’s are the details provided by IGen.fr:
- The internal code name of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and 5.5-inch model is N61 and N56 respectively.
- The 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will measure at 138 mm long, 66 mm wide, and 6.9 mm thick. In comparison, the iPhone 5s measures 123×58 mm and is 7.6 mm thick. The 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will measure 158 mm long, 78 mm wide, and 7.1 mm thick. It will be 7.67mm thick if you consider the protruding camera, which corroborates with rumors we’ve heard earlier in the week.
- According to the screenshots, the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will weigh either 168.5 grams or 184.6 grams. It does not provide the weight for the 4.7-inch model. In comparison, the 4-inch iPhone 5s weighs 112 grams.
- The report also claims that according to their source, the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will possibly feature a large 2915 mAh battery, which would be in line with rumors we heard earlier in the month.
- The photos also reveals details about the protruding camera lens, which was reported earlier in the week. In case of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, the camera lens protrudes at 0.77 mm, while in the case of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6, it protrudes at 0.67-0.77 mm. It looks like the protruding camera lens seen on the fifth generation iPod touch.
- The report also claims that iPhone 6 will feature a well cut-out logo on its rear, which will be made of a durable material. Though they haven’t specified the purpose for the change.
- Now for some bad news, the report also claims that iPhone 6 will come with the antennae bands that have been seen on the mockups, which will serve as refined antennas. Though the rumors suggest that the iPhone 6 will come with these antenna bands, I doubt they would be as thick and ugly as the ones seen on the physical mockups, and I also doubt it would be along the edges at the top or bottom.
- The report claims Apple was planning to use a 2.5mm headphone jack on the iPhone 6, but decided against it to avoid backlash from users due to the compatibility issues.
iPhone 6 is expected to feature an all-new ultra thin design with narrower bezels and rounded edges. It is also expected to include Apple’s new A8 chip, improved Touch ID fingerprint sensor, and an improved 8-megapixel camera with optical image stabilization.
Apple is also negotiating with carriers to raise the price of the iPhone 6 by $100. The $100 increase will most likely be for the 5.5-inch iPhone 6. Apple is expected to unveil the new iPhones on September 9th, followed by the launch on September 19th.[IGen.fr via MacRumors]