If you’re like me, you’ve been waiting for a lot of your favorite Winterboard themes to be updated to support either iOS 8, your iPhone 6, or your iPhone 6 Plus. Well, now there’s a way that you can get those outdated Winterboard themes compatible with iOS 8 and your device.
To go through this process, you will be required to download a few things, so let’s begin with that.
- Download both of these tweaks through Cydia on your device
- Apple File Conduit “2”
- Download these programs onto your computer:
Once you’ve download and installed all of these, make sure that the Winterboard theme that you want to update has been downloaded onto your device and you can see it in Winterboard. Now you’re ready to start.
- Plug in your device to your computer
- Open iFunBox
- Within iFunBox click on “Raw File System>Library>Themes”
- Now you will be able to see all the Winterboard themes you have installed on your device. Now copy the folder(s) of the them you want and save them to your desktop (or wherever you’d like)
- Once copied to your computer, open Shattered Husky.
- Click “Select Theme” and point it to the folder(s) (you can only convert 1 folder at a time) and click “Choose”
- Click “Select Destination” and select a location that you want to save your newly converted Winterboard theme.
- Click “Options” to decide what type of device you’re converting it to. Be sure to click “Mask themed icons” to mask your icons.
- Then click “Convert”
This will convert all the files of the folder into compatible files for your iOS 8 device that you choose. If there is more than 1 folder, to be safe, just convert them all just like in the previous steps. Once you’ve converted all the files, then just copy all the newly converted files back into onto your device using iFunBox. Paste them into the same location that we took the original theme files from, which is “Raw File System>Library>Themes”.
Once your paste those files back into the that folder, you’ll see your newly converted theme on your device in Winterboard. Just tap on the new files to enable them and respring your device. Here’s a Before and After screenshot after updating Soft for iOS 8.
If you want to follow along with a video, then check out the video below!
Let us know how it goes in the comments!