Have you ever needed to close all tabs in Safari on your iPhone or iPad? Opening too many tabs can make things unmanageable, especially on the iPhone.
The only way to close all open Safari tabs using a jailbreak tweak called CloseAll which means you need a jailbroken iPhone. There was previously a workaround to close all tabs by turning on or off Private mode, but Apple removed the option in iOS 8.
Step 1: Jailbreak iOS 8 – iOS 8.1.1 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Step 2: Install CloseAll
Follow these steps to install Sicarius for iOS 8.
- Launch Cydia.
- Tap on the Search tab.
- Enter CloseAll and tap search.
- Select CloseAll from the search results.
- Then tap on Install, followed by Confirm.
- Tap on the Restart SpringBoard button when prompted.
Step 3: How to close all open tabs in Safari with CloseAll
- Tap on the tabs button in the bottom right corner.
- Then tap and hold on any of the x button.
- It will prompt you if “you’re sure you’d like to close all open tabs”.
- Tap on Yes to close all the open tabs in Safari.
It would have been nice if Apple gave an option to close all tabs, until that time use this tweak to clean up the Safari tabs.
Let me know it goes in the comments.