Based on several discussion threads on Apple Support Communities, a number of users seem to be facing syncing failures and other syncing problems with iTunes 12 and their iOS device after upgrading to iOS 8.
The issues range from the syncing process getting stuck, syncing music with the device that cannot be played, and at times refusing to sync data between the iPhone or iPad and the computer.
Some of our readers are also reporting that they’re still facing the annoying issue even after upgrading to iOS 8.2. If you’re still facing the sync issues with iTunes 12 and iOS 8 – iOS 8.2 then follow these steps to see if it resolves the issue.
- Update your iOS device to the latest iOS software update (Settings > General > Software Update). You can follow our guide if you need help: How to Install iOS 8.2 Update on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Update iTunes to the latest version via the Updates tab in the App Store or launch the iTunes app, click on the iTunes menu, and Check For Updates.
- Connect your iOS device to the computer.
- Launch iTunes, and click on the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch icon at the top left corner.
- Uncheck Sync with this iPhone/iPad/iPod touch using Wi-Fi, and Automatically sync when this iPhone/iPad/iPod touch is connected.
- Click on the Apply button at the bottom right.
- Now, quit iTunes.
- Disconnect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from your computer and restart it.
- Relaunch iTunes again, and connect your iOS device to the computer with USB.
- Check the box for Sync with this iPhone/iPad/iPod touch using Wi-Fi to enable Wi-Fi syncing if you had it enabled, and also check Automatically sync when this iPhone/iPad/iPod touch is connected.
You can try to sync your iOS device again with your computer. You should now be able to sync your media with the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch without any issues. This solution seems to have help a lot of people in resolving the issue.
Let me know if this helps in resolving the syncing failures or issues you’re facing with iTunes 12 and iOS 8.
Hat tip: OSXDaily