Apple has just released iOS 8.3 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, which includes improved performance, bug fixes and a redesigned Emoji Keyboard.
iOS 8.3 is compatible with the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad (fourth-generation), iPad (third-generation), iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
We’ll update the post with the full release notes for iOS 8.3 shortly. In the meantime, you can check our article to find out the new features and improvements discovered in iOS 8.3 betas so far:
Jailbreakers should avoid upgrading to iOS 8.3 as you will not only end up losing the jailbreak, but you will also won’t be able to jailbreak your device.
Jailbreakers, please note that if you’re on iOS 8.1.2 or lower, then you should avoid upgrading to iOS 8.3, as you will end up losing your jailbreak, and there is currently no tool available to jailbreak iOS 8.3.
If you don’t care about jailbreaking, then the update is available as an OTA download for these devices currently (Settings > General > Software Update). The OTA update is 291 MB in size for the iPhone 6 Plus, and will vary in size based on your device. We’ll update the post with direct download links as soon as they’re available.
Here are the direct download links for iOS 8.3 firmware file:
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (CDMA)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 4s
iOS 8.3 includes a long list of bug fixes and improvements. Here’s the complete iOS 8.3 release notes.
If you’re not getting the OTA update, then you can download the firmware file and use iTunes to install the iOS 8.3 update. You can follow our guide if you need help.
iOS 8.3 has also enabled Wi-Fi calling for Sprint and EE users. You can check this post for more details.
Check out the video walkthrough of all the new features in iOS 8.3:
Let us know if you’ve found any other changes or improvements in iOS 8.3 in the comments below.