The TaiG team released TaiG jailbreak for iOS 8.3 — iOS 8.1.3 earlier today, but the jailbreak tool is Windows only. The TaiG team haven’t said when they will be releasing the Mac version of their jailbreak tool.
If you can’t wait, and don’t have access to a Windows machine, then we’ve got you covered. Here’s how to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3 using TaiG on Mac OS X.
Windows virtual Machine
We’ll be using Parallels, a virtualization software, to boot Windows in a virtual machine.
- Download and install Parallels Desktop for Mac from this link. While the software is paid, you get a free 14 day trial.
- Download Windows 8.1 Enterprise evaluation 90 day trial for free from this link. You’ll be downloading an ISO file, which might take some time, depending on your connection.
- Open Parallels, select File > New from the menu, and click on “Install Windows from DVD or Image File”.
- Parallels will take you through the install process.
You can also use VirtualBox to run Windows on your Mac. You can check our guide for step-by-step instructions.
Install iTunes 12.0.1
- Once you’ve booted into Windows, download and install iTunes 12.0.1. Please don’t install the latest version of iTunes as a number of people are facing problems with it.
How to Jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- After iTunes is installed, follow our step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3 using TaiG 2.0 Jailbreak for Windows to complete the jailbreak process.
- Alternatively, follow the instructions in the video below:
Don’t forget to Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Please note that since Cydia Substrate is not compatible with iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3 yet, so most of the jailbreak apps and tweaks won’t work currently, so please be careful while installing tweaks. TaiG team will be releasing a new version of the TaiG iOS 8.3 jailbreak tool to fix the issue with Cydia Substrate. We also expect other Cydia developers to release an update for their jailbreak apps and tweaks to make them compatible with iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3. You can check our post for the list of iOS 8.3 compatible jailbreak apps and tweaks.
Let us know how it goes.