Earlier today, we brought you the unboxing and first impressions of the Rose Gold iPhone 6s. Now is the turn of its bigger sibling, the iPhone 6s Plus.
Check out our unboxing photos of the Gold iPhone 6s Plus, and my first impressions.
- The first thing you notice is the box. The iPhone 6 Plus box you might remember featured a white, textured silhouette of the device inside. I wasn’t a big fan of it. As you can see, iPhone 6s Plus box now comes with a colored, silhouette of the device with the photo of one of the animated live wallpapers. The color of the silhouette and even the wallpaper matches the color of the device. The iPhone 6s Plus box looks a lot better and livelier.
- iPhone 6s Plus casing is made of new “7000 series” aluminum alloy. This may be subjective but like the iPhone 6s, the iPhone 6s Plus feels slightly different to the touch. I found it a little less slippery. I am seriously considering using it without a case, especially since I have taken AppleCare+.
- The iPhone 6s Plus which weighs 192 grams is slightly heavier than the iPhone 6 Plus (172 grams). The gain in weight is noticeable. The heavier iPhone 6s feels a bit more comfortable to hold than the iPhone 6, but I can’t say the same thing about the iPhone 6s Plus.
- I always found the gold iPhone looks a lot more sophisticated. So this time I went for the Gold iPhone 6s Plus instead of the Space Gray model. It is the first time I have got an iPhone which doesn’t come with a black front. So it is going to take me some time to get used to the white front.
- The iPhone 6s back casing for the first time has an [S] inscribed below the iPhone to highlight that the device is an “S” upgrade. So it should be quite easy to find out if someone is using the iPhone 6s Plus, unless it is covered with a case that covers the back.
- iPhone 6s Plus camera sensor still protrudes out from the body. It seems to be the same as the iPhone 6 Plus. It should be a non-issue if you use a case, but will be a minor irritation to some of you who don’t use a case.
- Check our post for iPhone 6s first impressions.
Here are our exhaustive unboxing photos of the Gold iPhone 6s Plus, including a side-by-side comparison of the Rose Gold iPhone 6s and Gold iPhone 6s Plus. I have tried to capture various aspects of the device in addition to the unboxing, so let me know what you think. And please excuse my amateurish DSLR skills. I wanted to publish the unboxing photos as soon as possible, I will continue to update this post with my first impressions. We will also be sharing our hands-on videos during the day so do stay tuned!
Click on the image below to see the full-resolution image:
If you’ve got your shiny new iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus, please feel free to share photos of it in the comments and we’ll update the post with the best photos. Let me know if you’ve any questions about the iPhone 6s Plus.