We have covered how to take Live Photos and Live Selfies and also let you know that Live Photos aren’t as small as you’d like. Regardless of size, Live Photos are just cool. There is no way around it. And what’s the point of having such a cool feature if you can’t share it with anyone? Well, you definitely can.
Live Photos capture a total of about 1.5 seconds before and after you take a photo. That image can be animated at any time by firmly pressing on it. Pretty cool. Most people take photos to share with other people in their lives. Now with Live Photos there is another reason to share. These images are really cool and add another level of creativity for those so inclined to use it as such.
You can share a Live Photo just as you would any photo — from the Share sheet. But remember, Live Photos can only be viewed on more recent iOS devices (iPhone 5s or newer). Those older devices require long-press to activate the Live Photo since 3D touch does not exist on those screens. Live Photos are also sharable with OS X El Capitan.
How to share Live Photos from your iPhone 6s
- Find a Live Photo you’d like to share in the Photos app or the thumbnail in the Camera app.
- Tap the Share icon.
- By default, you get an option to share the Live Photo. You can tap on the Live Photos icon with the LIVE label to turn it off, to just share the still image. If there is no indicator for Live Photo, that photo is not a Live Photo.
- Next, select the method of your sharing and boom pow, your Live Photo is off to impress someone.
Check out our hands-on video to get a better idea:
Don’t forget to Subscribe to our YouTube channel
I can almost guarantee that Live Photos are going to be a hugely popular sharable item for those interested in using the feature.
Do you think you’ll be sharing a lot of Live Photos? Let us know in the comment section.
Also check out:
- How to take and view Live Photos on your iPhone 6s
- How to take Live Selfies with Retina Flash on the iPhone 6s
- How to peek and pop with 3D Touch on iPhone 6s
- How to quickly switch apps with 3D Touch on iPhone 6s
- How to use Quick actions with 3D Touch on iPhone 6s
- How to animate a Live Photo with 3D Touch