Pangu, the team behind some of the latest jailbreak programs for iOS, has released a new tool that allows you to find out whether any of the apps you’re using are affected by XcodeGhost. Here’s our step-by-step guide on how to use it.
It’s thought that more than 344 iOS apps and over 500 million users are affected by XcodeGhost. We’ve published a list of affected apps, but there are many more that are yet to be verified. Here’s how to find out if there are any affected apps installed on your iOS device.
- Visit XcodeGhost tool page on the Pangu website using your iOS device using either Safari or Google Chrome
- Tap the blue button that reads “立即下载”
- Tap “Install” when prompted
- Provide Pangu’s tool with trusted access by going into Settings > General > Profiles, selecting “Shenzhen Avaintel Technology,” then tapping “Trust”
- Return to the home screen and open Pangu’s app, then press the blue button that reads “点击检测Xcode病毒”
If your device is free from XcodeGhost malware, you will see a large green check once the test has been completed. If malware is detected, Pangu’s tool will tell you which app is infected and you can delete it until it is fixed.
If your iOS device is infected with XcodeGhost and the app in question wasn’t on our list, be sure to let us know about it down in the comments.