Apple has just released iOS 9.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, which includes a number of bug fixes and improvements.
Here’s the complete list of new features, improvements and bug fixes in iOS 9.1 as per the release notes:
- Live Photos now intelligently senses when you raise or lower your iPhone, so that Live Photos will automatically not record these movements.
- Over 150 new emoji characters with full support for Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 emojis, which includes the taco, burrito, cheese wedge, middle finger, unicorn head, and more.
- Improved stability including CarPlay, Music, Photos, Safari, and Search.
- Improved performance while in Multitasking UI.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Calendar to become unresponsive in Month view.
- Fixes an issue that prevented Game Center from launching for some users.
- Resolves an issue that zoomed the content of some apps.
- Resolves an issue that could cause an incorrect unread mail count for POP mail accounts.
- Fixes an issue that prevented users from removing recent contacts from new mail or messages.
- Fixes an issue that caused some messages to not appear in Mail search results.
- Resolves an issue that left a gray bar in the body of an Audio Message.
- Fixes an issue that caused activation errors on some carriers.
- Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from updating from the App Store.
- It also includes a new option in Settings for the Messages app, which allows users to disable photos for their contacts.
- iOS 9.1 also includes updates to the Live Wallpapers.
Apple has patched several vulnerabilities in iOS 9.1, which includes two vulnerabilities used by Pangu team, so it won’t be possible to jailbreak iOS 9.1 using Pangu Jailbreak.
Apple News app is now available in the U.K. and Australia. Thanks Ted for the tip!
If you’ve found any other new features or changes in iOS 9.1, please let us now in the comments or send an email to [email protected]