John Gruber has been a mainstay in the Apple community for quite some time, and he’s once again been able to grab a pair of Apple executives to talk shop.
The conversation happened over a recent episode of Gruber’s podcast called The Talk Show. This time around, Gruber was able to speak to Apple’s Senior Vice President of Software and Services, Eddy Cue, along with Senior Vice President of Software Engineering, Craig Federighi. The podcast lasts just under an hour, and covers a wide variety of topics, including Apple Music, iOS 9.3, the public beta program, iTunes and its design, plus much more.
The executives were more than willing to discuss numbers, too, including Apple Music subscribers, the number of transactions that take place per week in the App Store and iTunes Store, and just how many iCloud users there are out there in the wild.
Here’s a breakdown:
- Apple Music has 11 million subscribers
- There are 750 million transactions per week in the iTunes Store and App Store
- Users are sending 200,000 iMessages per second at peak times
- Customers have given feedback on Apple Maps 2.5 million times
- iCloud has 782 million users
The full podcast is certainly worth checking out, so head through the source link below if you want to give it a listen.[via Daring Fireball]