The Pwn20wnd team is out with another beta of unc0ver 3.0.0 with some major changes and improvements. While the jailbreak tool is still only compatible with iOS 11 – iOS 11.4.1., it does add partial support for iOS 12 as well.
Before you get too excited, this does not mean that you can use Unc0ver to jailbreak your iOS 12 running iPhone or iPad. Far from it. It only allows for setting a boot nonce and disabling auto updates on certain devices.
unc0ver 3.0.0 is based on a new exploit for iOS 11 – iOS 11.4.1 that provides a more stable jailbreak experience.
unc0ver v3.0.0~b10 comes with partial iOS 12 support for setting a boot nonce and disabling auto updates on some devices.
— Pwn20wnd (@Pwn20wnd) February 4, 2019
Below is the full change-log of unc0ver 3.0.0 b10 release:
- Enable partial (Export/Un-Export Kernel Task Port, Set HSP4 as TFP0, Dump APTicket, Overwrite Boot Nonce, Log Slide, Log ECID, Disable Auto Updates) iOS 12.0 – 12.1.2 support for 16K (A8X – A12) devices (A12 and A8X excluded for now)
- Use a more efficient way for finding the kernel base
- Change the order of certain stages
- Show an alert at the end of the jailbreak to list the system-wide affects that have been done
- Increase the reliability of the voucher_swap exploit
- Change the default boot nonce generator to 0x1111111111111111
- Log the kernel version string on launch
- Update the default preference configuration to have Disable Auto Updates on by default
Do note that partial iOS 12 support does not include Cydia or Substrate.
You can download the latest release of unc0ver 3.0.0 from its GitHub page.