The team behind checkra1n has released the 0.9.5 of the tool with some major updates to improve the user experience and fix some lingering bugs.
The updated version of the tool should make the entire jailbreaking process notably smoother and reliable. It also makes it easier to enter DFU mode which is something that many people have been struggling with while using the tool. Below are the full release notes of this release:
- Fixes an issue where the user may be signed out of their Apple ID
- Fixes an issue that caused MobileSubstrate initialization to be delayed
- Detect a case where the user may have an OTA update downloaded, which caused issues for some users
The following issues are caused by incorrect DFU mode entry, please make sure to follow the instructions in the UI:
- An issue where the taptic engine did not work on some devices
- An issue where biometrics did not work for some users
- An issue where the touch screen became unresponsive for some users
Battery settings panel issue: We have investigated this issue extensively and found that some tweaks and libraries which some tweaks depend on cause this issue.
This update includes a new fast DFU sequence. Entering DFU mode should now be safer and more reliable.
The loading mechanism for substrate has improved in this update, which improves the stability of the device.
If you are experiencing the -20, please rejailbreak with the the no-substrate mode option checked in the app, and see if removing tweaks resolves your issue.
Sadly, the latest beta release of checkra1n still does not support the iPad Air 2, 5th gen iPad, and the 1st gen iPad Pro. The Windows and Linux version of the tool is also yet to be released, though the team says that it is working hard on it.
To update to the latest version of checkra1n, download the latest version of the tool and re-jailbreak it again.
If you are looking for some useful jailbreak tweaks for checkra1n iOS 13 jailbreak, check out our compilation of some of the best tweaks here. You can also find more useful jailbreak tweaks from these Cydia repos and sources.