Apple TV+, Apple’s streaming service went live earlier today. While a monthly subscription of the service costs $4.99/month, Apple is offering a one-year subscription for free to all customers who have purchased an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV on or after September 10. If you got a new Apple device recently, here’s how you can redeem your free Apple TV+ subscription.
The launch library of Apple TV+ is nothing to talk about. At launch, the streaming service has eight original TV shows and one movie. The TV shows like “The Morning Show” and “See” do include high-profile stars like Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, and Jason Mamoa which should attract viewers and fans to them.
By offering a free subscription to Apple TV+ to new Apple device owners for a year, Apple hopes to buy enough time to build a decent content library for its streaming service and also get viewers hooked to it.
If you are excited about Apple TV+ and want to claim your free year of subscription, read below.
Apple TV+ Free Subscription: Things to Know
- Only customers who have purchased a new Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, Mac, or iPod Touch after September 10 will get a free year of Apple TV+ subscription. Regular customers will only get a 7-day trial to the service.
- You can share this subscription using Family Sharing with other members of your family.
- If you cancel this subscription anytime within the next year, you won’t be able to reactivate it again.
- Your subscription to the service will also be immediately terminated if you cancel it anytime within the one-year period.
- At the end of the one year period, your subscription will be automatically renewed.
How to Claim Your Free Year of Apple TV+ Subscription
Step 1: Open the TV app on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV. Ideally, you should use the new Apple device that you had purchased for this. In case it’s not available, you can use any other Apple device. You will be eligible for the offer as long as your iCloud ID is signed in to the new Apple device.
Tap the Start Watching option to proceed using the TV app.
Step 2: Scroll down in the Watch Now tab where you will see the banner to claim the one year of free Apple TV+ subscription. If you are not eligible for the offer, you will see a banner to active a 7-day trial.
Step 3: Tap the banner followed by Continue. You will have to confirm your identity using Face ID or Touch ID. If your billing information is not there or expired, you will be prompted to update that as well.
That’s about it! You can now enjoy Apple TV+ for one year. Remember that the subscription will be automatically renewed at the end of the one year cycle. In case you don’t want to renew it or will want to reconsider your decision then, its better to set a reminder in your calendar about this 364 days from now.
Have you watched any Apple TV+ shows? If so, how did you like it? Drop a comment and let us know!