Apple today released the stable build of iOS 14.7 to the public after beta testing the release for over a month. The last major point release of iOS 14 does not bring any major new features or changes to the table. This is more of a stability and bug-fixing update. Below is everything that’s new in iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7.
iOS 14.7 is the last point release of iOS 14 from Apple. The company will now focus on the release of iOS 15 that’s due to launch in September this year.
Here’s a look at all the iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 features and improvements:
Fix For Wi-Fi Bug
iOS 14.7 fixes the Wi-Fi SSID bug that could disable the Wi-Fi module on your iPhone. The bug could be triggered even if your iPhone came near a Wi-Fi network with a specific set of characters.
HomePod Timers in Home App
Another minor new feature in IOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 is the ability to set and view timers on your HomePod from the Home app. Previously, one could only set timers on the HomePod using Siri.
MagSafe Battery Pack Support
The iOS 14.7 update adds support for MagSafe Battery Pack for the iPhone 12 series just as the latest Apple accessory has gone on sale.
Air Quality Index in Weather App
The Air Quality Index in the Weather app will now be available in more countries with iOS 14.7, including Canada, France, Italy, the Netherlands, and Spain.
Below is the official iOS 14.7 change-log from Apple. It also highlights some of the bugs that the latest iOS 14 release fixes.
iOS 14.7 includes the following improvements and bug fixes for your iPhone:
– MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
– Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
– Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
– Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
– Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows
– Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music
– Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop
– Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored
– Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages
The iOS 14.7 update also inadvertently introduces a bug that prevents iPhones with Touch ID to automatically unlock the Apple Watch that have the ‘Unlock with iPhone’ feature enabled. Apple has acknowledged the bug and should roll out the iOS 14.7.1 update with a fix for this bug soon.
While not mentioned, the iOS 14.7 update should also help fix the battery drain bug that many iPhone users have reported post the iOS 14.6 update.
As you can see from the changes above, iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 are relatively minor updates that do not bring any major new changes. If you do spot any other changes in iOS 14.7 which is not mentioned above, drop a comment and let us know about it!