Apple today released the RC build of iOS 15.2 to developers. The is the final build of the OS before Apple releases it to the public likely later this week or next week.
If you installed the iOS 15.2/iPadOS 15.2 beta on your iPhone or iPad, you can grab the RC right away from Settings -> General -> Software Update. If you are on the public beta channel, you should get the update within the next 24 hours.
iOS 15.2 beta 1 introduced App Privacy report, an updated Notification Summary UI, and other minor changes. The second and third beta introduced several other changes, including Communication Safety in Messages, an opt-in feature that will ensure all images with nudity in them cannot be viewed by children. You can find everything new in iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2 betas here.
Below is the full release note of iOS 15.2:
Apple Music Voice Plan
- Apple Music Voice Plan is a new subscription tier that gives you access to all songs, playlists, and stations in Apple Music using Siri
- Just Ask Siri suggests music based on your listening history and likes or dislikes
- Play it Again lets you access a list of your recently played music
- App Privacy Report in Settings lets you see how often apps have accessed your location, photos, camera, microphone, contacts and more during the last seven days, as well as their network activity
- Communication safety setting gives parents the ability to enable warnings for children when they receive or send photos that contain nudity
- Safety warnings contain helpful resources for children when they receive photos that contain nudity
Siri and Search
- Expanded guidance in Siri, Spotlight and Safari Search to help children and parents stay safe online and get help with unsafe situations
- Digital Legacy allows you to designate people as Legacy Contacts so they can access your iCloud account and personal information in the event of your death
- Macro photo control for switching to the Ultra Wide lens to capture macro photos and videos can be enabled in Settings on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Store tab lets you browse, buy, and rent movies and TV Shows all in one place
- Enhanced city map in Apple Maps with road details like turn lanes, medians, bike lanes, and pedestrian crosswalks for supported cities
This release also includes the following enhancements for your iPhone:
- Hide My Email is available in the Mail app for iCloud+ subscribers to create unique, random email addresses
- Find My can locate iPhone for up to five hours when in Power Reserve
- Stocks allows you to view the currency for a ticker and see year-to-date performance when viewing charts
- Reminders and Notes now allow you to delete or rename tags
This release also includes bug fixes for your iPhone:
- Siri may not respond while VoiceOver is running and iPhone is locked
- ProRAW photos may appear overexposed when viewing in third-party photo editing apps
- HomeKit scenes that include a garage door may not run from CarPlay when your iPhone is locked
- CarPlay may not update Now Playing information for certain apps
- Video streaming apps may not load content on iPhone 13 models
- Calendar events may appear on the wrong day for Microsoft Exchange users
Alongside iOS 15.2 and iPadOS 15.2 RC, Apple also seeded the RC build of watchOS 8.3 beta to developers.
iOS 15.2 RC is unlikely to contain any major changes. As the name suggests, it is a Release Candidate build that Apple is seeding to developers ahead of the public release of the OS.