Apple released the fourth generation iPad at the same time as the iPad mini, and while it’s diminutive cousin has received the most attention, the iPad with Retina Display (the official name according to Apple). Is still the leading tablet in its class.
In addition to our review of the iPad 4, you might also like the video overview:
And these tips for getting the most out of your iPad:
- How to pick the right device for you (size), and what you’ll use it for.
- Great Free Apps to start with your iPad
- Great free games to get you started
- Best Photo Editing Apps for your iPad
- Best video apps for your iPad
iPad with Retina Display Specs:
- 32GB $599 (WiFi only)
- Dual-core A6X with quad-core graphics
- Retina display, 9.7‑inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi‑Touch display with IPS technology, 2048-by–1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi), Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi‑Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- FaceTime HD Camera, 1.2MP photos, 720p HD video, FaceTime video calling over Wi‑Fi or cellular, Face detection, Backside illumination, Tap to control exposure for video or still images, Photo and video geotagging
- iSight Camera, 5MP photos, Autofocus, Face detection, Backside illumination, Five-element lens, Hybrid IR filter, ƒ/2.4 aperture, Tap to focus video or still images, Tap to control exposure for video or still images, Photo and video geotagging
- Video Recording 1080p HD video recording, Video stabilization, Face detection, Tap to focus while recording, Backside illumination
- 10 hour battery life
- Lightning connector
More specs can be found in our iPad 4 specs post.